Software License Agreement
This Software License Agreement is a legal agreement between you and licensor Claus Schiroky for the software product WordBrief© 365. The software product includes computer software and any associated media, printed materials and online or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). By installing, copying or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Software License Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Software License Agreement, you may not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
§1 Subject matter
(1) Subject of this contract is the permanent transfer of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and the granting of the rights of use described in §2. The hard- and software environment with which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be used is set to the following system requirements:
- Microsoft 365 Apps, Office 2016, 2019 or 2021.
- Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, and Windows Server 2022.
(2) Licensor will provide you with one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The delivery is made via a download, which the Licensor provides on its homepage (https://www.schiroky.com/wordbrief-365-download).
(3) Installation and configuration services are not subject of this Software License Agreement.
§2 Grant of License
(1) This software license agreement grants you the following rights: The SOFTWARE PRODUCT can be used once for a period of 30 days free of charge. If the 30-day trial period has expired, the SOFTWARE must be licensed for a fee in order to continue to be able to use the SOFTWARE in its full functional scope for an unlimited period. For this purpose, a one-time license fee of EUR 29.90 must be paid to the licensor.
(2) You are entitled to install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single hardware – one computer (desktop, tablet PC). The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may only be used by a maximum of one person. You may not lend, rent, lease or otherwise transfer the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to others.
§3 Other rights and restrictions
(1) Separation of Components: The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. You may not separate its components for use on more than one computer.
(2) Restrictions on reverse engineering, decompiling and disassembly: You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
(3) Features of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT which serve the program identification (e.g., copyright notices, serial numbers etc.) may not be removed from the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. Furthermore, they may not be changed.
(4) Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights, Licensor may terminate this Software License Agreement if you breach any of the terms and conditions of this Software License Agreement. In such a case, you are obligated to completely stop using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, to irrevocably remove all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all its components from all your computers and data sources (including online). Furthermore, you are obligated to confirm the execution of the measures to the licensor in writing.
The parties agree that this SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties as well as other intellectual property laws and agreements. Unauthorized reproduction or unauthorized distribution of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part thereof is a punishable offense. This will be prosecuted under criminal and civil law and may result in severe penalties and claims for damages. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold. This software license agreement is subject to German law. The place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from and in connection with this contract is (85354) Freising (Germany).
(1) Licensor warrants that you will be able to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT without infringing any third-party rights.
(2) The use of this SOFTWARE PRODUCT excludes all warranties, express or implied, and assumes no liability whatsoever for any damages arising from the use of this SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
(3) The actual warranty does not apply to defects that are due to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT being used in a hardware or software environment that does not meet the system requirements.
(4) In order to prevent a loss of data, the Licensor expressly points out that before installing the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, a backup of your data should always be made.
§6 Other provisions
(1) No ancillary agreements have been made to this Software License Agreement.
(2) If individual provisions of this Agreement are or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other parts of the Agreement. The parties hereby agree that the invalid or void provision shall be replaced by a provision that is valid and comes closest to what the parties intended from an economic point of view.